How do you photograph weddings & events?
We love being by your side to help you before your wedding day or special event. We will send you emails, text and perhaps a brief call, to make sure everything is good to go. Our moto is "no worries". On your special day, all we want to capture is the feelings, the mood, the emotions, the calm and crazy moments and all the details that make it unique. We will also give you the direction needed for posing and getting those flattering shots during your portrait session part of the day.
Where are you based and do you travel?
We are based out of Sullivan County New York and yes, love to travel! We cover parts of NY, NJ, CT and PA. If you want us to photograph a destination event, please request a custom quote. No worries, we always try to find the most affordable way to come because we love to photograph everything!
When will we get our photos?
Your will receive a virtual gallery link with your edited photos within a maximum 12 weeks (sometimes less depending on the season). You can share them, choose your favorites, and also order prints! Downloads are also available based on your package and upgrade selection.
How many pictures will we receive?
On average we photograph 50-100 images per hour. We always choose quality rather than quantity and that's why we choose the best and more significant photos during our culling process.
What are the current deals, sales and offers?
Our listed base rates are listed on the investment page. On the same page click the link for discounts, sales and offers to find the latest deals. Military and First Responder discounts available. Note offers, deals, discounts cannot be combined.
Do I have to choose the packages offered?
You can request a custom quote specific to what you need and want. All of our packages can also, be customized with service, digital or bundle upgrades for your specific needs.
Are Try it Before You Buy it sessions really free?
"Try it before you buy it" engagement sessions are offered to every newly engaged couple (who has not booked a photographer), to try out our creative chemistry. Sessions are limited to specific locations and dates and are subject to a non-refundable $35 reservation fee. The session also includes a print credit of $25. The reservation fee helps us to weed out no shows and cancellations. Early reservation for these sessions is highly recommended. Sessions are subject to availability.
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
How to book us:
1. You receive our quote
2. We setup your virtual, phone or text consultation and discuss the details
3. You receive the contract, invoice.
4. For events you pay the non-refundable retainer fee to reserve the date OR pay a separate Reservation fee of $150 to hold your date and choose your package at a later date up to 60 days prior to your event date within a 12 month period. All events are to be paid in full 30 days prior to the event. For portraits you either pay full 30 days prior or pay a reservation fee and final payment due day of session, prior to start time.
1. We have a virtual or phone conference to discuss the details of your event and create a unique package that fits you and your budget.
2. You sign the contract and pay amount due to validate the contract and then access your client portal or forms to finalize and confirm the details.
3. We prefer to contact vendors including your venue to provide necessary insurance certificates, itineraries and any behind the scenes details essential to your event.
4. We then cover all aspects of your event/session specific to your contract.
5. We then do basic editing on the images such as culling, color, exposure and cropping. Editing averages from 12 weeks or less depending on the season.
6. Images are then uploaded to your personal proofing gallery along with a few images to your unique limited gallery phone app. Images are available to share and to order gifts & prints in the gallery boutique.
7. Once you select your favorites, our partnered labs create prints, albums, etc. according to what is included in your custom package and then ship them right to you. Albums and prints vary in time from production to shipping. Prints usually take a few weeks, whereas albums can take as much as 90 days once the design has been approved by you.
What education and/or training do you have?
We come from an array of backgrounds and trainings. You can find all of our specific training, skills and education on our "About" page. Plus some cool behind the scenes footage.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
We are a team and have various getting started and passionate stories of why we love photography. Feel free to ask us in person! You can also join our exclusive Facebook group and get to know us there.
What types of customers have you worked with?
A wide array of traditions and cultures. Religions: Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist. Cultures: American, Indian, Polish, Russian, Irish, Scottish, European, Lesbian, Gay, Military, First Responders, African, Eastern cultures, Western cultures, we don't discriminate and have experience in knowing what to anticipate for every couples' ceremonial traditions. We have also worked with numerous celebrities.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
Ask about their experience. Look into reviews, try them out if you can first. Example we do free engagements for couples who book with us and affordable mini portrait sessions for those not ready to book their event but still want to try us out.
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
1. Are they available for your date? Call us!
2. Do you they have the required insurance, and do they meet the vendor requirements for all the locations you are going to? We do!
3. Are any permits or location fees required? If so, who pays and what is the deadline? Permits and location fees are between you and the venue or location.
4. What is included and not included in pricing? We keep it all up front. Every event package includes at least 1 photographer, unlimited digital images, one location with insurance certificate, some travel mileage, basic editing, online album and limited phone app. Other upgrades are available.
5. How long have they been in business and how much experience do they have? We have over 25 years' experience!
6. How long is production? (Example: when are proofs, prints and albums ready) Varies anywhere from 14 days to 12 weeks.
7. What is the emergency pandemic plan in relation to refunds, Cancellation, setting new date? We have a non-refundable retainer clause; we do provide opportunity to move your date. Our team maintains safe protocols, but we do not guarantee that our team is vaccinated. We also offer insurance and health & safety assurance options. We also now offer for 2023 a non-refundable reservation fee option to hold your date. It is one hundred and fifty dollars. If you choose this option, it is a separate fee from your package. It allows you to choose and pay for a package at a later date, up to 60 days prior to the event. Please note this fee is NOT included in your package but is a separate fee for reservation only.
8. Be sure to understand what is in their contract prior to signing. Specifically, regarding what is included in the rate, whether there is a backup photographer or a refund in case of emergency or cancellation. Call us to setup and review your contract today!