The Story of a Photographer
"I love photography and working with other creative souls to achieve the impossible through imagery and creativity."-Erin Summer M.
I started shooting at the age of 16 and had one of my first models signed, in fashion shows for Armani by the age of 17. At the same time, I had my first front cover publication Internationally. By the age of 20 I was already shooting over 50 weddings a year throughout the Tri-State area, then over 80 a year by the time I was 23. I have managed photo labs and an array of studios including portrait, commercial/product, wedding firms and others. Photo lab development included monochrome, C41, RA4 and E6. Editing and proofing both digital and hard copy with Photoshop, Light Room, Portrait Pro and others. Staff supervision has included up to 35 photographers and 37 cinematographers. I have also created set designs, fashion styling, created photography manuals and established photo departments for various companies.
Now that we got past the interview LOL, here's my story in a documentary.
accomplishments of mention
- OCF First Place 3 years in a row
- Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2019
- Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2020
- Times Herald Record Readers' Choice Awards Finalist 2021
- Today's Photographer magazine March 1997, one of the top 13 front-line photographers, Lenticular, "Winter Escape"
- UDFC Focus Front Cover Fall 2002 "Trophy Doberman"
- Glamour Elite, virtual magazine
- International Library of Photography; "Fly Away" in Eternal Moments 4/30/2002, "Open up to Nature" in Sifting Sands 4/30/2001, "Skys the Limit" in Shades of Life 9/30/2000, "Soda Restaurant" in Eye of the Beholder 2000, "Tulips" in Life Canvas 10/31/00
- Times Herald Record 1/1/2002 "Twin Towers", Weddings 3/4/2005 and Readers' Choice 11/3/2021
- The Buzz front cover 11/30/2002 "For Everything There is a Season"
- Harmon Homes Front Cover 9/6/1998 "Estate"
- DNR Fashion Magazine
- GO NYC Magazine multiple issues from 2005-2013
Certified by the New York Institute of Photography, Member of Professional Photographers of America, Certified and life member of the International Freelance Photographers Organization
New York Institute of Photography Alumni